Check the Tibet Flight Schedule and Timetable in Tibet Flight
Check the Tibet Train Schedule and Timetable in Tibet Train
A: Sometime why visitors book the flight or train to or out of Tibet, the internet booking platform might refuse the booking from visitors, so we would suggest clients to book the flight or train from us as the booking platforms do not refuse the booking from a travel agent.
B: The overland travel route from Sichuan/Qinghai/Yunnan provinces to Tibet is forbidden to foreign visitors, only Chinese visitors are allowed to travel by car from these provinces to Tibet.
C: The soft sleeper train to Tibet is very limited tickets and on hot demand, usually it is hard to buy from internet especially in peak season, so travel agencies mainly buy the train tickets from their long-term cooperated ticket scalpers by paying additional booking fee.
Features for the train on Sky Track
1. To cope with the lack of oxygen on Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, the train cars have been equipped with 2 oxygen supply systems. One is a "dispersion-mode" oxygen supply system, with oxygen spreading in the railway car through the air-con system; the other system, like that of an airplane, offers each passenger individual access to oxygen, and passengers suffering breath difficulties at high altitudes can use a pipe or mask to take more oxygen.
2. The trains running on the Qinghai-Tibet Railway are driven by 3 computerized engines at one time (made by US-based General Electric or home-based Dongfeng Locomotive Factory), which show great traction, brake power to guarantee the reliability and comfort.
3. The carriages are more spacious than other regular Chinese trains. Mostly manufactured by a Sino-Canadian joint venture, Bombardier Sifang Power Transportation Ltd (BSP), each carriage offers 98 seats at hard seat class, compared with 108 in a standard hard-seat carriage
4. The train cars are installed with double-paned windows and UV filters to protect against ultraviolet radiation.
5. Based on the rule, each train has a doctor attending the medical emergencies of the passengers suffering from altitude sickness.
6. An advanced thunder-prevention system is installed in each train to guarantee the safety of the trains running on the plateau.
7. All the train cars were installed with environment-friendly toilets, wastewater deposit tanks and garbage treatment facilities to protect environment along the railroad.
8. The trains are more humane-designed compared with other regular trains in China. In the hard sleeper class, there is one handicapped toilet in each car. Passengers can enjoy the 8-channel flat-screen TVs and remote-control devices to regulate temperature and lights at soft sleeper class. There is a mini-bar in the dining car (Alcohol is not recommended in high altitude).
9. All the attendants took training sessions before working on the train: simple Tibetan language and ethnic traditions, crash courses in English.
All of our travel in Tibet and China is private and the itinerary is individually customized to your wishes. So please tell us your travel plans, we'll design a customized vacation in your style. No deposit is needed until you are totally satisfied with all details. Or just contact us.
Call a specialist on +86-18577338850
Tibet Travel Experts
Tibet Travel Experts
We do have the lowest prices. We will meet or beat any internet published rates from companies outside Tibet for all package tours. All of our TOURS are based on US standards. No late booking fees.
We have the best reviews. Our professional and expert staff is at your service and will reply to any request within 0.5~23.5 hours. While traveling in Tibet you will have access to our local 24/7 emergency number.